What are the best electric pressure cookers? The best one for you is the one that has the features you would actually use. Which models have those features?
When you’re desperate for quick dinner solutions, but still want them to be delicious and wholesome, a modern electric pressure cooker makes life a lot simpler and easier.
But there are so many! Which one is the best processor-controlled electric pressure cooker for you?
After researching manufacturers sites, professional reviews, and customer reviews of the top-rated and top-selling multi-cookers, I’ve compared and narrowed the field down to the best electric pressure cookers.
After reading though this review, you should have a good idea as to which multi-function pressure cooker would be right for you. We’ll also take a look at any drawbacks that may be present with these cookers.
1.) Instant Pot Duo 6-Quart, 7-in-1 Multi-Use programmable Pressure Cooker
Model: IP-DUO60, Amazon’s Choice, 4.6 out of 5 stars with over 24,000 reviews! The price is set about $99.95
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
This Instant Pot Duo 7-In-1 claims to replace 7 kitchen appliances:
- Pressure Cooker
- Slow Cooker (crock pot)
- Rice Cooker
- Steam Cooker
- Sauté (fry) Pan
- Yogurt Maker
These models feature built-in programs that provide 14 functions to help take the guess-work out of cooking…
- Soups and Broth
- Meat and Stews
- Beans and Chili
- Slow Cook
- Pressure Cook
Among the few simple items included with these models, are a Steam Rack with handles, a Manual, and a Booklet with a handful of recipes to try out.
My Thoughts on Instant Pot Duo:
The IP-DUO60 has become one the most popular pressure cookers on the market. Thousands have been sold on Amazon alone, where tens of thousands have left highly positive reviews.
All Instant Pot units have large LCD Screens with Digital Display, Plus/Minus buttons to adjust cooking time. They all have a delay start and a Keep Warm selector that can be set to on or off at anytime. The cookers have convenient Lid rests on both right and left sides of the units so you don’t have to set the lid down on the counter.
The main features of the Duo are a good-looking, well-made appearance, with a food-grade stainless steel inner pot, removable for ease of cleaning. I prefer the stainless steel because it’s rugged and won’t leach toxins into your food, as can happen with aluminum or Teflon coated pots.
The ‘Manual’ function provides one consistent pressure, high or low, which you set. The other function buttons take the cooker though a pre-programmed cook cycle, which varies the pressures and times of the cook cycle. The cooker fluctuates the pressure by changing the temperature up or down a little bit, for a pre-programmed time interval.
Basically, by pushing one of the function buttons, will set the cook time and pressure for that type of food. Personally, I prefer to use the “Manual” button myself and adjust the cook time.
Typically, if I want rice with the meal, I always cook the rice separately in a basic sauce pan with tight lid and use the pressure cooker for the meat/vegetable and sauce/gravy combinations. I’ve always found it to be very easy and always come out great.
Of the negative reviews, most were complaints of the lid failing to seal properly after prolonged usage. This can be usually be fixed by ordering and installing a new seal.
Of the rare negative comments, even rarer were those where the unit failed electrically.
What Others Think About the Instant Pot Duo:
Most other people only use the ‘Manual’ function, as most recipes use that function, including Instant Pot’s cookbook. ” Personally I just find it easier to use ‘manual’ and set the time that I want.”
The overwhelming majority of people love their IP-DUO, however, a few have had problems with their units that have stopped working. Several of these folks have reported serious difficulties with Instant Pot’s customer service department, and in some cases, of them not honoring their warranty.
On the other hand, I have read several reviews where the opposite was true, that customer service had requested proof of purchase and a photo, and they replaced the unit with a new one, outright.
Here are a few quotes from satisfied customers. Some of these people write very long reviews:
“This has changed the way we eat. It’s easier to use than I thought it would be.”
” Yogurt: Another amazing feature.”
” This machine is SUPER easy to use, SUPER quiet and makes SUPER delicious food”
- Overwhelming positive reviews
- Durable and handsome with a good price
- Removable cooking pot is heavy gauge, food-grade stainless steel
- Simple and user-friendly to operate
- Very quiet when in use
- Left and Right side slots that will hold the tilted lid
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Push-button control panel
- Many safety features built-in
- Poor customer service
I find this pressure cooker to be a very capable unit that you’d find very useful. I’m truly thrilled with mine and how I’ve been able to create the most amazing meals, very quickly.
I can easily find dozens of free recipes are sound amazing. I’ve tried many and they were truly excellent. Big hits with my family.
If you’re considering purchasing a multi-cooker, this is one of the best electric pressure cookers available. There are many good reasons why it’s the bestselling pressure cooker available today.
The IP-Duo series comes in three model sizes and prices:
- Duo Mini: 3-quart cooking pot with a 700 watt heating element
- Duo 60: 6-quart cooking pot with a 1000 watt heating element
- Duo 80: 8-quart cooking pot with a 1200 watt heating element
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – Instant Pot DUO60 6-Quart
My Thoughts on the IP-Duo Mini 3-Quart:
This unit as only a small 3-quart capacity, although it must be the perfect sized pot for individuals or couples who do small meals at a time!
Keep in mind that a larger-sized cooker requires a certain volume of food and liquid in the pot in order for it to pressurize properly. Many recipes call for a specific amount of liquid and volume of food to be used in order for the recipe to work.
If you know you’ll consistently be cooking smaller amounts of food, then the 6-quart, or even the 3-quart model maybe better for you.
2.) Instant Pot Duo PLUS 60,6-Quart, 9-in-1 Multi-Cooker
Rated as Amazon’s Choice, with 4.5 stars and 1225+ reviews. It costs about $119.95
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
- Duo Plus 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker is the latest evolution and the #1 selling Multi-Cooker in the Duo series, new for 2017, with more custom features, improved usability and a large blue LCD screen
- Duo Plus replaces 9 commonly used kitchen appliances – Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake/Egg Maker, Sauté/Searing, Steam, Warm and Sterilize.
- 15 smart programs – Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Cake, Egg, Slow Cook, Sauté/Searing, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Sterilize, Yogurt, Keep Warm, and Pressure Cook
- Stainless Steel – All components in contact with food are food grade 304 (18/8) stainless steel including the lid, the inner pot with 3-ply bottom and steam rack with handles. They are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Quality Finishes – Exterior, brushed stainless steel finger print resistant with lid holder for left and right handed users.
- Accessories include – steam rack with handles, recipe booklet, serving spoon, soup spoon, and measuring cup
- UL certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms provides peace of mind.
- Highly Energy efficient, cooks your dinner’s for only a few penny’s of electricity.
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 12.2 x 12.5 inches
- Weight: 11.83 pounds
- Power supply: 120V – 60Hz, 1000 Watts
- Detachable Power Cord: 35 inches, 3 prong plug
3-min Instant Pot PLUS Video:
My Thoughts on Instant Pot Duo PLUS:
The DUO PLUS is what Instant Pot calls “the next evolution in the Duo Series”. This has all the functions of the Duo, but adds Cake Maker, Egg, and Sterilizer functions.
This PLUS model allows you to adjust temperature and pressure settings on all cooking programs to “Less”, “Normal”, and “More” settings.
It also has a large Blue LCD digital display screen, and adds the ability to mute the beep sounds, if you don’t want to be disturbed.
As with all Instant Pot cookers, it allows users to postpone the start time up to 24 hours.
I’ve read a few customer comments where they’ve had issues with the seal on the lid of their cookers. Many had been resolved by replacing with a new seal. I’ve had mine over two years now, used frequently and I haven’t had any issues with mine.
What Others Think About the Instant Pot Duo PLUS:
“Not only my diet is healthier now, but it’s also more delicious”
“Most recipes just call for manual pressure settings, which all instant pots have. I’ve never used any of the additional buttons besides ‘saute’. It’s a good kitchen appliance, but save your money on the extra functions.”
“Of course, the chicken from this thing was fall off the bone tender and juicy, with flavor all the way through.”
- Has all of the features and functions of the previous cooker, but adds three new functions – Cake Maker, Egg, and Sterilize
- Mute button for those beeps in the night
- Plus/Minus button for both Time and Pressure
- Large Digital LCD Display Screen
- 6-quart model will hold four pint canning jars for sterilization.
- Poor customer service
A large majority of people are very pleased with the IP-Duo PLUS. However, of the few who’ve had problems, voiced disappointment with IP’s customer service. Several reviewers indicated they were completely satisfied with customer service.
The IP-Duo PLUS series comes in three model sizes and prices:
- Duo Mini Plus: 3-quart cooking pot with a 700 watt heating element
- Duo 60 Plus: 6-quart cooking pot with a 1000 watt heating element
- Duo 80 Plus: 8-quart cooking pot with a 1200 watt heating element
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – Instant Pot Duo PLUS
3.) Instant Pot ULTRA, 6-Quart, 10-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker with Advanced Microprocessor
3.9 Stars, 384+ Reviews, Price about: $149.95
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
- 10-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker – Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Cake Maker, Yogurt Maker, Sauté/Searing, Steamer, Warmer, Sterilizer, and the new and exclusive feature to Instant Pot, the Ultra program.
- 16 Built-in Smart Programs – Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Cake, Egg, Slow Cook, Sauté/Searing, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Sterilize, Yogurt, Warm, Pressure Cook, and Ultra
- New! Ultra program – Developed to provide unlimited control in pressure and non-pressure cooking conditions. You can adjust different parameters based on your favorite recipes and preferences.
- New! Sterilize program – Ideal to pasteurize dairy products, sterilize baby bottles, jars, and utensils; as well as, perform certain types of canning much more conveniently than ever before! (Note: Refer to the ‘USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning’ for details)
- New! Cake program – Designed to prepare soft and moist cakes
- New! Egg program – Developed to prepare perfect eggs in just a few minutes
- New! Altitude Adjustment – Eliminates the guesswork from a recipe conversion for a more precise cooking time
- New! Large, blue LCD display with a Progress Indicator – Provides a visual on the cooking progress, from preheating, through to cooking, and Keep warm; includes, a new time display
- New! Central Dial – A simple turn and press, for easier and more precise cooking program selection and adjustments.
- New! Quick Release Button – For safer handling of steam release after cooking is completed. The button resets itself when one opens or closes the lid if the button is in the venting position
- Dual pressure settings – For fast and flexible cooking – Cooking with high pressure reduces cooking time by up to 70% and the low pressure avoids overcooking delicate food
- New! Quick & Easy Program Adjustments – Need to make an adjustment after cooking has started? The Ultra allows one to easily adjust settings even when cooking is in progress
- New! Smart features – remembers your last customization on all cooking programs
- Delay Start time – Up to 24 hours
- New! Sound ON/Off – Select if the sound is ON/OFF, the status is displayed on the LCD panel with the Sound ON/Off – ‘Sound’ indicates it is ON/OFF when selecting a program, cooking starts or is completed
- New! Pressure Cook Time – Allows pressure cook for up to 6 hours
- Slow Cooker – In addition to the (3) temperature settings, one has the flexibility to customize the cooking time between 0.5 – 20 hours for each temperature level
- Sauté – In addition to the (3) temperature settings; now, one can easily adjust the time to a maximum of 30 minutes intervals as a safety precaution
- New! Automatic Keep Warm – one can easily turn ON/OFF. The Keep Warm time is displayed on the LCD panel along with the Keep Warm ON/OFF. The Warm has 3 temperatures settings to maintain food at different serving temperatures
- Stainless Steel Cooking Pot – Healthy, food grade 304 (18/8) – (no chemical coatings), and dishwasher safe
- New! Inner Pot Fill Markings – Inner pot clearer markings at 1/2 and 2/3 for pressure cook safety
- Exterior – Brushed stainless steel, fingerprint resistant with lid holder for left- and right-handed users, the lid is dishwasher safe
- 11 Safety Mechanisms – UL and ULC certified
- Accessories included – Stainless steel steam rack with handles to lower and lift food, condensation collector, rice paddle, soup spoon, and measuring cup
- Includes: – User Manual (English, Spanish and French), Quick Reference Guide and Recipe Booklet in English (includes cooking time tables)
- Dimensions: 13 x 12.5 x 12.5
- Weight: 11.83 lbs.
- Power Supply: 120V – 60Hz, 1000 Watts
My Thoughts on the Instant Pot ULTRA:
IP has redesigned the Pressure Release Valve so that it resets itself automatically to “seal” when you replace the lid. I think this is great. as for me, resetting the release valve is always an afterthought.
Considered as “Next Generation”, this microprocessor is programmable by you to remember specific pressure and time settings you’ve used, based on certain recipes. It has automatic Altitude settings.
My take is that the Instant Pot engineers crams so much functionality into this unit, that it’s becoming excessively complex and confusing to use. The more complex an item becomes, the more likely it’ll have reliability issues. Although most owners submitted very positive reviews.
When I first started this review, the IP-ULTRA was rated at only 2.8 Stars on Amazon, but now it appears to have jumped to 3.9 Stars. Personally, I’m apprehensive about this unit.
What Others Think About the Instant Pot ULTRA:
“…documentation that comes with the product is seriously lacking (hence 4 stars vs 5). Very little guidance is given on how to change the settings”
“… this thing does rock!”
- Includes many new features in addition to the features of the previous models
- Display Screen shows the progress through the Preheat, Cooking and Warming phases
- Improved Pressure Release Valve
- More complex than basic models
- Sealing ring in lid tends to retain cooking odors. One solution seems is to put the silicone ring through the dishwasher occasionally. I’ve seen this recurring complaint from a few owners, regardless of brand
- Vague documentation – This seems to be true across many products these days, not just electric pressure cookers.
The ULTRA may be more complex than other models or brands, but if you want to try many different types of meals and deserts, then you may want the flexibility of the Ultra. The extra programming helps make it easier for you too.
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – Instant Pot Ultra 6-Quart
4.) Instant Pot SMART Bluetooth Multifunctional Pressure Cooker
4.4 Stars out of 5, 499+ reviews, Price about: $120.00
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
Gives you the ability to control the unit from anywhere using your smart phone or tablet. Features high-efficiency and rugged industrial design.
- Instant Pot 7-in-1 Smart electric pressure cooker is a revolutionary kitchen appliance with Bluetooth connectivity, easy to use interfaces allows you to control and monitor cooking progress through graphics
- Free app provides recipes and more – Cooking procedures can be written in recipe scripts to execute and share
- Replaces 7 common kitchen appliances – Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Sauté/Searing, Steam, and Warmer
- Built with 14 Smart Programs – Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Yogurt, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, and Pressure Cook, now, your favourite dishes are as easy as pressing a button!
- Healthy, stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot made from food grade 304, no chemical coating, 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution
- Built with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. The microprocessor monitors the pressure, temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration to achieve your desired results every time. Includes dual pressure (low/high), 3 temperatures for sauté and slow cook, and automatic keep warm.
- Accessories include – steam rack with handles, recipe booklet, serving spoon, soup spoon, measuring cup, and mini red mitts
- UL certified with 10 safety mechanisms designed to eliminate many common errors providing you with peace of mind. Saves up to 70% in time and energy
- Dimensions: 13 x 12.2 x 12.6 inches
- Weight: 14.57 pounds
- Power supply: 120V – 60Hz
- Power: 1000 watts
- Detachable Power Supply Cord: 35 inches, 3 prong plug
When your smart phone or tablet is connected to your Instant Pot Smart, you can do the following operations from your mobile device:
- Issue a cooking command
- Run a pre-programmed recipe “Script”
- Send a recipe script to the cooker
- Cancel the running command and recipe script
- Adjust temperature, pressure and heating level
- Examine an error code on the cooker
- Write your own recipe DIY script, save it for future use and share with friends.
My Thoughts on Instant Pot Smart Bluetooth:
I think some people may find the Smart feature very convenient for them. I’m not so sure I would trust that my meal was started properly. It would mean preloading the ingredients into the cooking pot early, sometimes much earlier than when you wanted it to start, like say, before you go off to work.
If your meal includes some kind of meat, then it would have to sit in the un-refrigerated pot until you start the cook process from your smart phone or tablet while you’re not home. The only way I see that this might be okay, is if you place frozen meat into the pot, or are cooking items that can stay un-refrigerated for several hours while you are away from home.
If you were not home by the time the cook cycle is finished, then the pot will have to depressurize naturally without assistance for you. During the time frame that the pot turns off after a cook cycle, and it depressurizes, it’s still using the heat and pressure to cook whatever you have in the pot. You’ll have to take that into consideration when setting the cook time.
For me, there’s just too many uncertainties with this option. It cooks so fast anyway, why not just wait to start it until you’re at home to push the start button yourself? Neat idea, I suppose. I just don’t personally need the option.
What Others Think About the Instant Pot Smart Bluetooth:
- “While I love it and use it everyday, I would prefer to have the 8 quart over the bluetooth capabilities. I do not use the app or bluetooth as often as I thought I would.”
- “… there are more things that I like than things that I don’t like. The technology is exciting and I had I to do it over again, I would still purchase it even though the app is truly lacking in my opinion.”
- “Great for fast cooking but Bluetooth function isn’t all that useful”
- “The APP needs improvement”
- I’ve been using this for a few months now and I love it!”
- Keep Warm function has three temperature levels
- New version of “Smart Cooker” App. is now available for Android devices as well as for iPhones.
- IP’s updated Application although much better, is still lacking as recipe scripts you’ve entered yourself cannot be searched for.
- Downloaded and creative “scripts” are now alphabetized, which makes the search easier, but you still have to scroll far to find anything.
- ‘Smart’ feature connection problems
- Power cord protrudes from the right side of unit, would work better in the middle
If you are adventurous, always looking for new recipes to try, then you may welcome the new Smart Pot features. The million and one features for some is exciting, while others have found them to be lacking and not worth the complexity. Several owners wished they had just purchased one of the basic models.
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – Instant Pot SMART 6-Quart
5.) Instant Pot LUX60, V3, 6-Quart, 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
Rated: 4.5 Stars, 4700+ customer reviews, It sells for about $69.00
Manufacturers Claims – Features & Specs:
- Instant Pot Lux60, 6-in-1, Enhanced Version 3 includes a Cake and Egg program in addition to the Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer.
- 12 Smart Built-In Programs – Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Sauté, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Pressure Cook, Keep Warm, Slow Cook, and now adds the new Cake, and Egg functions to make your favorite dishes as easy as pressing a button.
- 3rd generation microprocessor technology, up to 240 minutes pressure-cooking up to 24 hours delay start, automatic Keep Warm up to 10 hours, 3 temperatures in Sauté & Slow Cook
- Smart, remembers the way you cook, each program remembers your last customization
- Stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot, food grade 304, no chemical coating, with 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution, fully sealed environment traps the flavors, nutrients and aromas
- Design Features: Large Display Panel, Brushed stainless steel, finger print resistant.
- Accessories include: stainless steel steam rack without handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, and recipe booklet (English)
- UL and ULC certified, includes 10 safety mechanisms to provide users with assurance and confidence, designed to eliminate many common errors
- Dimensions: 13.18 x 12.20 x 12.5 inches
- Weight: 11.53 pounds
- Power supply: 120V – 60Hz, 1000 Watts
- Detachable Power Cord: 33 inches, 3 prong plug
My Thoughts on the IP-LUX60:
The new Cake Maker function is supposed to make it easy to make New York style cheesecake, banana bread and other moist cakes, the Egg Program allegedly takes the guess-work out of preparing cooked eggs.
An overwhelming majority of owners are extremely pleased with the Instant Pot Lux60 (6-Quart model), and the Lux80 (8-Quart model).
I believe any size of the IP-LUX series cookers would a great investment that would make preparing great meals at home very easy for you.
Maybe this won’t matter to you, but this model does not have the Yogurt function
What Others Think about the IP-LUX60:
- All Stainless Steel construction
- New Cake Maker and Egg functions
- Has High Pressure Settings
- Easy to understand and operate Control Panel
- Nice quality feel to the buttons
- Missing the Side Lid holders that the previous version 2 (V2) had, and the DUO still has. Previous version lid you could mount onto the side handles. With this, you’ll need to set lid down on the counter somewhere.
- Could use a more detailed instruction booklet on basic operations.
- With this new version 3 (V3) the redesigned lid, you can’t see the float valve to see if it pressurized.
This is a very capable, high-quality, multi-cooker, as many have attested to. Although it’s nice to see an improvement on IP’s Pressure Relief valve, sometimes it seems they make changes, just for the sake of making changes, even if it means eliminating some nice features, ex. missing lid mount.
As with all of Instant Pot’s cookers, this pot has the nicely-made feel, heavy gauge stainless steel in the lid, the pot and the cooker. I would feel comfortable in purchasing this
The Lux series comes in three models:
- Lux 30: 3qt cook pot and 700W heating element
- Lux 60: 6qt cook pot and 1000W heating element
- Lux 80: 8qt cook pot and 1200W heating element
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – Instant Pot LUX60
6.) COSORI, 6-Quart, Premium 8-in-1 Programmable Multi-Cooker
Model: CP016-PC, Amazon’s Choice, 4.1 Stars, 897+ Reviews, Price about $73.00
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
- CUSTOM SMART CONTROL PROGRAMS: Third generation Cosori pressure cooker features 6 new Custom Smart Control Programs, improved performance and steam technology
- UPGRADED FEATURES: Unlock indicator; micro limit switch protection; custom cook times; Fahrenheit or Celsius readings (F°/C°); 6 different pressure levels, adjustable temperatures, and 2 manual cooking modes. Now includes Pasta/Boil and Hot Pot programs. All settings ready to go
- ONE POT with 6 COOKING FUNCTIONS: Bake, Sauté and Brown, Boil, Steam, Slow Cook, and Pressure Cook. Use it as a Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté Pan, Yogurt Maker, Hot Pot, Steamer, Warmer & Pressure Cooker. Even cook eggs and bake cakes
- FASTER COOKING TIMES: Advanced steam technology seals in steam to cook up to 70% faster. Eco-friendly efficiency, this user-friendly cooker emits no steam when cooking, locks in more nutrients and vitamins
- 17 SMART PROGRAMS: Meat/Stew, Poultry, Soup, Beans/Chili, White Rice, Brown Rice, Multigrain, Steam Vegetables, Slow Cook, Yogurt, Pasta/Boil, Steam Potatoes, Hot Pot, Sauté/Brown, Bake, Reheat, Keep Warm
- CERTIFIED SAFETY: ETL, FCC & FDA certified; 10 safety mechanisms provide peace of mind for beginner and expert chefs. Food-grade stainless steel (18/8) inner pot (with 3-ply bottom), lid, steam rack are easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: Recipe book, stainless steel steam rack with handle, tempered glass lid for slow cooking, extra silicone sealing ring, ladle, rice spoon, and measuring cup included
Power Supply: AC 120V / 60Hz
Rated Power: 1000W
Capacity: 6.3 Quarts (6 Liters)
Working Pressure: 5.8 – 10 PSI (40 – 70 kPa)
Pressurized Working Temperature: 235° – 239°F (113° – 115°C)
My Thoughts on the COSORI, 6-Quart, 8-in-1:
The Corsori multi-cookers come with a tall steamer rack, much taller than Instant Pot’s. What’s really nice is that you get a spare seal, and a glass lid to cover the pot in the slow cook mode, or for serving. These are items you must purchase extra with the other multi-cookers.
The Corsori models feature more function settings than Instant Pot cookers, such as a separate brown rice and white rice functions, Steam Vegetables, Steam Potatoes, and Boil. However, both brands seem to be equally capable and comparable.
Note: One important thing to consider when deciding whether to get the 6-quart or 8-quart size. The 8-quart size requires more water or liquid to be able to reach pressure (2 to 2-1/2 cups vs. the 1 to 11/2 cups for the 6-quart). This can affect the outcome and taste of recipes that call for only 1 cup of liquid.
What Others Think About the COSORI, 6-Quart, 8-in-1:
“The Cosori is essentially identical to InstantPot. The buttons, design, and format are all very much the same. Which is actually a vote in favor of the Cosori.”
“The Cosori is a better value for the money as it comes with several accessories that Instant Pot doesn’t (i.e. an extra sealing ring + glass lid for slow cooker mode, plus I like the included steamer rack a bit better than the included steamer rack that came with InstantPot).”
“We have 2 adults and 2 children in the house, the 6 quart generally makes enough for the 4 of us for dinner, but not significant leftovers.”
” Easy to operate and keep clean. Excellent manual and automated control system.”
- Intuitive, good-looking Control Panel with quality feel of the buttons
- Cooking pot is thick walled, polished, food grade stainless steel
- Comes with glass lid for slow cook mode
- Comes with a spare pressure seal
- Fair percentage of owners have eventually experienced problems with the seal so that it stops holding pressure, but no more than other brands, usually remedied by replacing the seal.
- Large footprint
After reading many reviews, I can say that I highly recommend this product. Many seem to be very satisfied with their Cosori cookers.
The COSORI, 6-Quart, Premium 8-in-1 series comes in two models:
- CP016-PC: 6qt cook pot and 1000W heating element
- CP018-PC: 8qt cook pot and 1200W heating element
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – COSORI 8-in-1
7.) COSORI, 6-Quart, 7-in-1 Multifunctional Programmable Pressure Cooker
Model: C2126-PC, 4.0 Stars, 456+ Reviews, Price about $68.
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
- The latest generation multi-function kitchen appliance can be used as a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté Pan, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer.
- Features 6 smart adjustable pressure levels in a single innovative machine. It’s customizable to use with any recipe and even cooks up to 70% faster to provide the best taste and retain the most nutrients to fuel the entire family, from the oldest to the youngest
- Unique pressure release button quickly expels pressure to protect you from hot steam. Get to your meal faster! Enjoy a shortcut that doesn’t compromise nutrition
- 13 Micro Processor-Controlled programs: Rice, Yogurt, Soup, Porridge (Congee), Multigrain, Slow Cook, Bake, Steam, Sauté, Reheat, Poultry, Beans, Meat/Stew, Keep Warm. All the multi-cooking functions you need
- Dishwasher-safe, food-grade stainless steel (18/8) inner pot, 3-ply stainless steel & aluminum base for strong thermal conductivity; over 40 grooves along the pot bottom ensure even heat distribution
- ETL, CETL, FCC & FDA-approved; 9 safety mechanisms ensure safe operation for daily use by beginners or professionals
- Comes fully equipped with a glass lid, extra silicone sealing ring, stainless steel steam rack, ladle, rice spoon, and measuring cup
Capacity: 6 quarts
Power Supply: AC 120 V/60 Hz
Rated Power: 1000 W
Inner Pot Dimensions: 7.6 x 6 in. (19.3 x 15.2 cm)
Working Pressure: 5.8-10 PSI (40-70 kPa)
Keep Warm Temperature: 140°-176° F (60°-80° C)
My Thoughts on the Cosori, 6-Quart, 7-in-1:
The different functions are selected by pushing scrolling up or down buttons. This avoids having a button for each function, and simplifies the panel.
The Cosori model C2126-PC doesn’t have a ‘Manual’ function, you instead select the type of material you’re cooking, i.e.. This pre-sets the temperature/pressure level that is used. You can then adjust the cook time you want.
What Others Think About the Cosori, 6-Quart, 7-in-1:
“…the fit and finish are every bit as excellent as my Instant Pot.”
- Removable Cooking pot is thick walled, polished, food grade stainless steel
- Ships with Extra Tempered Glass Lid to use during Slow Cook Mode
- Ships with Extra Silicone Seal Ring
- Design of Pressure Release lever keeps your fingers away from the steam vent
- (6) Six Pressure Level Settings; Detachable Power Cord
- Good customer service
- Instruction booklet lacking in basic information, i.e. how to manually release pressure, or how long to cook things. Has only a very few recipes with questionable instructions. More recipes and a more detailed guide to help newbies would be welcome.
Owners really like this Cosori Model: C2126-PC multi-cooker. The only widely common compliant is the lack of documentation that comes with the unit. Many find instructions and recipes online to guide through their very short learning curve, as it’s simple to use. Reactions are that it’s larger than expected, most everyone agrees that it’s a well made appliance.
I have no problem highly recommending the Cosori 7-in-1 as a dependable kitchen appliance.
The COSORI Multi-Function Programmable comes in two models:
- Model: C2126-PC: 6-Quart cook pot and 1000W heating element
- Model: 817915020395: 2-Quart cook pot and 800W heating element
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – COSORI 7-in-1
8.) Power Pressure Cooker XL, 6 Quart – Silver
Amazon’s Choice, 4.1 stars, 2,170+ customer reviews, Price about $74.99
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
- 70% faster than traditional cookware.
- “Flavor infusion technology” traps super heated steam inside the pot to force liquid and moisture into your food
- Digital display panel. Slow cooker function prepares your favorite slow-cooked recipes 10 times as fast
- Safe lock lid with manual steam release. Automatic keep warm mode. Large and sturdy lid arm handle. Capacity: 6 quarts
- Wipe clean brushed stainless steel housing. 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
My Thoughts on the Power Pressure Cooker XL:
The main positive feature of this brand/model is that it has a simple key pad, which makes it more intuitive than others.
It appears that the functions of this cooker are basic. Indeed, many owners like this cooker because of it’s simple and ease to use.
When I go to Power Pressure Cookers site, I find it lacking in details. The entire site is dedicated to this one product, but there’s no mention of the materials used in the manufacture of it. The sites reviews are only highly-positive ones, leading me to wonder if they’re truly unbiased reviews. I’m sure the reviews at at Amazon, YouTube, or the forums are more fair and objective.
Despite the lighter-weight materials used to make it, this multi-cooker is well liked and a very capable one.
What Others Think About the Power Pressure Cooker XL:
There’s very little information from the manufacturer to form an objective opinion on this product, only the reviews.
One Amazon reviewer states, “The inner pot is a very lightweight teflon coated pot. The upper lid appears to be aluminum. Both teflon and aluminum have negative effects on our bodies.”
- Easy-to-use and understand
- simple keypad is easy to understand and operate
- Lid appears to be made of aluminum
- Lightweight teflon-coated pot
- Instructions and product info is lacking
- Highest percentage of negative reviews
Although a majority of positive reviews exist for this pressure cooker, this one had incurred the highest percentage of negative reviews, by far. Most people find that it works well when it does work, but a good many of these cookers seem to just quit working. The problem is generally electrical in nature.
This company must’ve sold many of these unit, due to their TV infomercials. If you’re determined this is the model you want, I hope it works well for you. Personally, I do not recommend this unit.
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – Power Pressure Cooker XL
9.) BELLA BLA14467, 6-Quart Pressure Cooker
Model: BLA14467, Amazon’s Choice, 4.3 Stars, Price about $59.99
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
- Features 10 pre-set functions specifically engineered to cook various types of food to perfection. With one touch you can: Sauté, brown, pressure cook, slow cook, soup, stew, meat, chicken, cook rice and even risotto
- Sear and brown your foods directly in the pressure cooker to lock in flavor and juices to all your recipes. No need for a stove top
- Safety features such as steam release valves, an air tight locking lid, and a safety-minded user interface you can be 100% sure you are cooking safely
- Easy clean up features like a non-stick removable cooking pot and moisture catching container are built in to make clean up a breeze
- Includes: Measuring Cup, Rice Ladle, Condensation Tray
My Thoughts on the BELLA BLA14467:
Though somewhat less expensive than other brands, it still has most of the capabilities of the others. That said, the quality of the unit is not on the same level of the others.
What Others Think About the BELLA BLA14467:
” This Bella electric pressure cooker does everything you’d expect from it”
“I also don’t care for how wiggly the inside lid is and also how difficult it is to remove the gasket for cleaning. It seems as though the parts that should not budge do and those that should, don’t. The inner pot is a nonstick aluminum instead of the heavier stainless steel of the Instant Pot and T-Fal.”
” The overall construction of this item is fair. Its not top of the line but it’s safe. I find that the lid components are a little chintzy.”
“Too bad it wasn’t sturdier construction.”
- Very simple to use and operate
- Bella has all the safety measures in place.
- Inexpensive as pressure cookers go, yet offers most of the features of the more expensive units.
- Light weight aluminum with non-stick coating cook pot, rather than the heavy-gauge stainless steel of the Instant Pot and Cosori cookers.
- Difficult to remove the gasket for cleaning
- Instructions and product info is lacking
The BELLA BLA14467 is an easy to use, inexpensive pressure cooker, offering features found in the more expensive units.
The BELLA BLA14467 offers non-pressure modes too, but don’t rely on the instructions to learn about pressure cooking or for recipes, as you’ll find them lacking. You may want to get a good pressure cooking cookbook for that.
I suppose I might recommended this multi cooker for those on a budget, but I’d rather spend a bit more a buy either an Instant Pot, Cosori, or Cuisinart.
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – BELLA BLA14467
10.) T-Fal CY505E, 6-Quart, 12-in-1, Programmable Electric Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, Silver
Model: 7211002162, 3.2 of 5 Stars, 210+ Reviews, Price about $65.
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
- 12 Auto-Functions: Rice, Oatmeal, Reheat, Soup, Baking, Steam, Sauté, Brown, Pressure Cook, DIY, and Keep Warm
- 25 Built-In Smart Programs
- Cooking Pot, Nonstick Ceramic, 1.8mm thick, Removable
- Stainless Steel Housing with Secure-Locking Lid
- Programmable Timer (5 minutes to 12 hours); 24-hour delay start
- 1100 Watts with Detachable Power Cord
- Includes: Trivet (steam tray), measuring cup, spatula and recipe book
My Thoughts on the T-Fal CY505E 6-Quart:
The lid is attached to the base unit and not detachable. I can imagine that since you must be careful not to submerge the base, because of the electronics, it may be difficult to clean the hinged lid. At least one owner finds it awkward when removing and reinstalling the sealing gasket from the lid to clean it.
I find mixed reviews and opinions for the T-Fal CY505E
What Others Think About the T-Fal CY505E 6-Quart:
“(what) T-Fal does better (than Instant Pot) is its pressure release mechanism which keeps your hand (mostly) away from the steam and which can be done with a single touch.”
“Love cooking with this! Fantastic product it took some learning as the instructions were lacking…”
“The T-Fal fails almost entirely with its instruction manual — or what passes for one. Newcomers to electric pressure cooking are going to find this especially frustrating.”
“…the T-Fal is certainly an excellent option even though you’ll have to work harder to figure it out.”
” sturdy & easy to use.”
“Like others have mentioned, the instructions for this product are horrible!”
“Good quality construction. Works well.”
” still can’t figure out when to start timing”
- Pressure Release mechanism keeps your hand away from the steam vent with a single touch.
- Quality construction
- Non-stick Ceramic over metal Cooking Pot is not dishwasher-safe
- Control pad not as easy to understand as others
- Takes much longer to come to pressure than other brands
- Instructions and product info is lacking
- Non-detachable lid difficult to wash (as you cannot submerge base unit)
Based on many reviews, the T-Fal CY505E 6-Quart appears to be well-made. However, the opinions in the reviews were also widely varied. Quite a few owners like it for one reason or another, but, many owners are frustrated with the lack of instructions on the operation of it. Many owners report problems figuring out to operate the timer or getting it to work properly
I’m not certain that this cooker would satisfy the expectations of many perspective buyers.
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – T-Fal CY505E
11.) GoWISE USA, GW22623, 8-Quart, 12-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Model: GW22623, Amazon’s Choice, 4.0 Stars, 776+ Reviews, Price about: $84.10
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
- The GoWISE USA 8-Quart Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker includes a removable and durable stainless steel cooking pot, steam rack, steam basket, rice scooper and measuring cup.
- The outer body is stainless-steel with cool touch handles. The gasket sealed lid is self-locking. 12 Presets help making cooking easier. Steam, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Saute, Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry and Yogurt, egg maker, and slow cook.
- Functions include Auto Keep-Warm, Slow Cook and Timer for up to 20-hrs with a 24-hr Delay.
- 12 Presets: Steam, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Sauté, Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Yogurt, egg maker, and slow cook
- Includes steam rack, steam basket, rice scooper and measuring cup
- Auto Keep-Warm, Slow Cook for up to 20-hrs, Pressure Cook for up to 2-hrs and a 24-hr Delay function
- Large easy-to-read digital display with 10 pre-sets
- The Presets include: Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Sauté, Poultry, Yogurt, Egg Maker, Slow cook
My Thoughts on the GoWISEUSA GW22623 8-Quart:
I started out reviewing model number GW22703, but wound up favoring this model GW22623 because of improvements over the GW22703. The GW22623 has a heavy duty Stainless steel cooking pot instead of the ceramic coated aluminum of the other model. You can get the GW22623 in either Copper, Silver, or Stainless Steel finishes.
GoWiseUSA calls this cooker their “4th Generation”, which now has two lighted readout displays, one is the timer and one is the pressure readout. What is great is that the readout gives an actual pressure reading, rather than just an indicator light. This is excellent in that it gives you much more insight of the status of the cooker.
The GW22623 is a good looking unit with a solid feel. It appears that a good many owners really like this cooker. As with any brand of PC, you can find a small percentage that have experienced difficulties or even failures, this unit is no different. Still, a majority have never experienced any issues at all.
What Others Think About the GoWISE GW22623 8-Quart:
“I have both the 6 and 8 quart models – they work exceptionally well.”
” Unit heats fast and seers very well. … I do like the one touch programming “
“…the pressure read-out is an awesome feature!”
“I have owned this pressure cooker for over a year now, and I use it almost every day. I love the way it cooks…” “be careful not to loose the floater seal… I have knocked it off while washing the lid a couple times. This is an excellent piece of kitchen equipment for your money!”
“I have to take a sharp tipped knife and push the pin to the right so it will raise and build pressure. “
“I found it very cumbersome and difficult to assemble/disassemble for cleaning.”
“It is easy to use and easy to clean.”
- Has Pressure Readout of actual pressure reading
- + and – Buttons to control pressure settings
- Stainless Steel lid, Housing, Cooking Pot, and Steam Basket
- Detachable Power Cord
- A fair percentage of owners seem to have problems with the pressure release valve not sealing properly, thereby not allowing pressure to build.
- Not durable: Overheating or electronics failing occasionally
- Vague Instruction Manual
As with other bands, the reviews are mixed, although the majority are very positive. The latest versions of GoWiseUSA models are improved with a Stainless Steel inner Pot. The digital readout of the working pressure is an great feature. Based on features, opinions and track record, I can definitely recommend this multi-cooker.
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – GoWISE GW22623
12.) Cuisinart CPC-600, 6 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
Model: CPC-600, 4.3 Stars, 1550+ Reviews, Price varies around: $90.
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
Cuisinart updates a classic! Our brushed stainless pressure cooker is safe, easy to use, cooks up to 70% faster than conventional methods and cooks healthier, too. Steam trapped in the pot builds up pressure that creates hotter temperatures, and the pot is so tightly sealed that vitamins and minerals can’t boil away.
Foods stay moist and flavors stay true. Features variable pressure and temperature settings, plus Browning, Simmering and Sauté functions for perfect roasts, stews, vegetables, cheesecake or custard. The Cuisinart Pressure Cooker is absolutely safe, with a lid that has to be locked in place before pressure builds, and stays locked until pressure is released.
Cook faster, eat healthier, with Cuisinart! Push-Button Controls and Easy-to Read Digital Display eliminates guesswork
- Precision Thermostat, and 99-Minute Timer, with an LED countdown display
- Settings for Pressure Cooking, Browning, Simmering, Sautéing, and Warming
- Fingerprint-proof Brushed Stainless Finish with Cool-Touch Handles
- Digital thermostat
- Push button control for cooking options and programmed settings: Low & High Pressure, Browning, Simmer, Sauté and automatic Keep Warm Settings
- 99-minute time and LED countdown display: 0-40 minutes = 1-minute increments. 40-99 minutes =5-minute increments
- BPA Free
- Non-Stick Dishwasher-Safe Removable Cooking Pot
- Includes: Recipe Book and Trivet.
- Size: 13.2″ x 12.2″ Diameter
- 1000 Watt
What Others Think about the Cuisinart CPC-600:
” As I said, I’ve used this for over 3 years using it 2-3 times a week with no problems. Just do basic cleaning and you should not have problems with seals or valves sticking. If it broke tomorrow, I would not hesitate to buy another. I’ve definitely gotten my moneys worth.”
“I wish this thing didn’t have nonstick. After 3+ years, the nonstick is still there… but you can see it doesn’t look as great as it did on day one”
“Works great, easy cleanup. I’d give it 5 starts if it wasn’t for the steam-escape valve–its really hard to tel when its up or down.”
” After two pressure cookers that stopped working after a couple of months from a different maker, this one which was recommended by a reviewer website has stood the test of time. It still works great after 2-3 years. I recommend it.”
“…inside the cooker that you cook in is very hard to remove from the cooker. It just has a little lip on the edge of the pot that sits down inside of the cooker with no kind of handle to lift it out.”
“The basic directions are incorrect on how to operate the unit. The manual tells you to
press start after the menu is set, but you set the time next and then press start. If you
don’t do it correctly, all you get is 1 minute cook time. Needs corrected.”
- Simplicity of the push-button controls. It has a minimalist design that’s easy to understand. Some reviewers mentioned they like this.
- LED display countdown timer from 0 to 99 minutes
- Allows you to change the pressure to either Low or High
- Multiple built-in safety features
- Quiet Operation
- Replacement Cook Pot, Sealing Ring, Pressure Limit Valve, and Rubber grommet are available for purchase
- Teflon coating on cook pot may eventually scratch or rub off raises health concerns, however replacement is available
- Cook Pot difficult to remove from the cooker.
- Incorrect operations and cookbook instructions (several comments)
Generally, most current owners are very pleased with this cooker. The vast majority of reviewers have given it high ratings. Consumers like the ease of use and quality-feel of the control pane and the ease of use. Although the included manual seems to need correcting, it’s a well-liked and capable multi-cooker.
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – Cuisinart CPC-600
13.) Fagor LUX Multi-Cooker, 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
3.5 Stars, 310+ Reviews, Price about: $125.
Manufacturer Claims – Features & Specs:
- High and Low Pressure Settings and pre-programmed Functions
- Pressure Cook High & Low, White Rice, Brown Rice, Risotto, Meats and Beans
- Cooking Assist functions including Simmer, Sauté, Steam and Brown
- 4 Digit LED screen with soft-touch controls to easily adjust time with plus or minus buttons
- Unit automatically switches to keep warm once the cooking time is complete for
- Time Delay for up to 6 hours
- Self-locking lid won’t open while cooker is under pressure
- Automatic pressure release setting for your convenience
- Removable pot that’s dishwasher safe (but hand washing is recommended)
- Requires standard household 110V connection
- Includes a User Manual with Recipes
What Others Think about the Fagor LUX 6:
” I have been using the cooker routinely for over a year now. Sometimes twice a day. After hundreds of meals, it looks nearly new.”
“I love(d) the way this multi-cooker performed… until it didn’t.”
“I use my electric pressure cooker all the time, multiple times a week… I have no complaints and I would buy another one in a heartbeat if something happened to this one”
“5 days, 5 easy meals!!!! I love this, what a great investment!”
” …how did I ever live without this cooker – it is a huge time saver and the recipes we have cooked so far have been outstanding”
” After 1 year and 7 months of normal use… The digital display went black and no beeping sound if you pushed the buttons…the board was scorched in certain places and one of the wires was scorched. The casing on the wire end was crumbling to the touch. This is from regular use… A better quality internal circuitry could have been implemented in this until by Fagor “
“cooks fantastic! Only complaint is cheap pot, way too thin. If the pot was a little thicker I would be hard pressed to find flaw!”
Good Housekeeping awarded the LUX Electric Multi-cooker the ‘Good Design Award Winner 2017’ when tested against 9 other models from leading brands.
Good Housekeeping’s lab used 68 pounds of meat, 44 pounds of vegetables and 18 cups of rice to test 10 electric multi-cookers. They used cooking performance, ease of use and safety features as criteria for the comparison.
- Allows you to change the pressure setting. Most others only allow you to change the cook time.
- Basic Control Pad layout is easy to use and understand.
- Has most of, but not all of the functionality of most other multi-cookers.
- Manual has cook times for cooking variety of fruits, legumes, and meats
- The removable pot is thin aluminum with a non-stick ceramic, PFOA-free coating. In my opinion, this is less desirable than stainless steel.
- Needs better quality control of manufacture, but that can be said of every brand.
I believe the Fagor LUX series cookers would be a good investment for your kitchen. It’s has proven itself to be reliable among many satisfied owners.
The Fagor LUX series comes in three model sizes and prices:
- LUX 4: 4-quart cooking pot, Model: 670042050
- LUX 6: 6-quart cooking pot Model: 670041880, 1000 watt
- LUX 8: 8-quart cooking pot Model: 670041960
Click to see more specifications and the latest price on Amazon – Fagor LUX
For me, the ease of tossing in a few ingredients, pushing a couple of buttons and walking away for a short period, is my favorite thing about my pressure cooker.
The meals are always easy and delicious, so I use mine at least once or more times a week. The very small amount of energy used is another reason I love it.
You might also be wondering which models are the easiest to understand and operate and which are the easiest to clean up too!
Today’s pressure cookers feature built-in programs that make it easy to do specific things, but also allow you to vary the pressures and cook times too for when you want the flexibilty.
How To Get Objective Reviews:
Thousands and thousands of electric pressure cookers have been sold on Amazon and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive, so I don’t put as much emphasis on those.
I don’t believe all of the positive reviews a product receives. Some of the most positive reviews sound like advertisements and may have even been left by the manufacturers themselves.
I tend to trust negative or the not-so-positive reviews more than the positive reviews, so I’ll I focus more on those for my opinions.
I’ll go to forums, review sites, YouTube and elsewhere to find real opinions, from real owners of how their cookers actually work in real-world usage. I like to find reviews from people who’ve been using their cookers for awhile, rather than from someone who just cooked their first or second meal with their brand new cooker.
I’ll work my way through and glean info from each section: 1-star reviews, 2-star, 3-star, etc. I believe this gives a much more accurate and objective view point of the true overall opinion and track record of each product. You also need to consider the percentages of each rating (i.e. what percentage of each star rating has been posted)
Things to Consider:
Consider the amount of food that you might be preparing at any one time. Typically, a pressure cooker can only be safely filled to about 2/3rd’s full. If you’re preparing a large roast, you may want to consider going with the larger 8-quart model, rather than a 6-quart, unless you expect the majority of your meals fitting the 6-quart pot. You may want to cook in two sessions, the main course first, then any side dishes.
If you’re cooking for 3 or 5 people, then a 6-quart will probably be a good fit. Any more and you’re better off with an 8-quart model.
Once you push start on you cooker, it takes time for it to come up to pressure. Depending on how much volume of food and liquid is in your pot, and the temperature of the ingredients, this may take up to ten minutes or more.
Once the temperatures finally reach a point where the pressure builds, that’s when the vent will set itself in the closed position. Your pressure cooker will then start building higher temps and pressure, and your cooker will then start the countdown cook timer.
Note: One important thing to consider when deciding whether to get a 6-8 quart cooker, or larger than 8-quart. The larger size cookers require more water or liquid to be able to establish pressure (2 cups or more vs. the 1 to 1-1/2 cups for the 6-8 quart). The majority of recipes online work in the 6 and 8-quart cookers. If you try to make the same recipe in a larger pot, you may realize it won’t establish pressure in a larger pot. If you add more water, this may dilute the flavor of your meal.
Care & Caution:
For whichever electric cooker you choose, I suggest you take extreme care NOT to submerge your electric multi-cooker cooker during cleanup, or splash water onto the control pad.
Only the pot and the lid can be submerged, of course. Luckily, the base is easy enough to wipe clean.
To help avoid pressure problems (establishing or maintaining pressure), make sure you carefully wash the lid, the gasket seal, and the pressure vent port after each use.
All of the best electric pressure cookers have multiple built-in safety features.
Even though I don’t typically use the function keys, I find my pressure cooker to be extremely useful and easy to create delicious meals very quickly and inexpensively.
There are literally thousands of free recipes out there on manufacturers websites, on YouTube, on Pinterest, on Facebook, and personal and professional cooks’ websites! So you’ll never run out of ideas. You’re sure to find some very easy ones that will quickly become your favorites! Go ahead, explore and try some.
I’ve tried many and it’s made me a hero with my family.
Most cookers automatically shift into a ‘keep warm’ mode when the cook time has completed. Personally, I find this unnecessary as the cooker holds heat very well, even when it’s not on.
On many occasions, I’ve had to remove the inner container to get it to cool to room temperature in a reasonable amount of time.
Pressure cookers are moist cookers so any crispy dish you desire has to be done outside of the cooker. For example, chicken skin doesn’t come out the same as if it was roasted in the oven or on the grill, but you can finish your lasagna, chicken or whatever in the broiler or on the grill to get that baked finish.
Everyone seems to absolutely love their electric pressure-cookers, …until they stop working.
The sealing ring can become damaged or deteriorate over time and fail to allow the cooker to build pressure. This issue can usually be overcome by installing a new seal or vent valve.
It appears an even smaller percentage of units of any brand quit working after a period of time due to the electronics failing.
Personally, I’ve never had any issues with mine after two-years of regular usage of at least twice a week. It seems that these problems are rare.
Rather than putting more effort and complexity into adding new programming features into their new models, I’d like to see manufacturers improving their designs to overcome the electrical and pressure leakage failures that plagues models from every brand.
In 2009, the Instant Pot Company was founded by a Canadian team of technically-oriented, food preparation enthusiasts who’s goals were to find solutions that would enable busy families to quickly prepare wholesome meals right at home.
They designed a new type of electric pressure cooker by adding microprocessor controls. This allowed them to add programmed cooking functions to their pressure cooker. This “3rd-generation” technology was a smashing hit with consumers and professionals alike.
Read about the history of pressure cooking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_cooking
Learn more about pressure cooking at YourPressureCooker.com
Try one of our easy and delicious Pressure Cooker Recipes!