This Mouth-Watering Beef Stew Pressure Cooker Recipe has Tons of Flavor Because of its Combination of Spices. Adapted for a Pressure Cooker That’s Hard to Beat.
- 1-1/2 pounds Beef (stew meat, chuck roast, or other cut), cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoon dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup Onions, minced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 Carrots (about 2 cups), cut into pieces
- 3 Large Potatoes (about 3 cups), cubed
- 1 cup Peas, or Celery (sliced)
Stock the Pot & Pressure Cook:
- Mix Flour, Salt and Pepper in a large bowl. Add cubed Beef and roll until well coated.
- Add Olive Oil to pressure cooker, then add the coated Beef and remaining flour.
- Press “Brown” button on Control Panel of your 6 Qt. electric Pressure Cooker, fry in your stove-top model. The light will start flashing and display will show “0.0”. Leave lid off while browning.
- Press ‘START.STOP‘ button to begin heating. Indicator light will stop flashing.
- Add Beef and turn every 2 minutes until browned. When Beef is browned (do not drain), add Water, Paprika, Rosemary, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Onions, Garlic and Vinegar.
- Lock lid onto cooker.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to “Pressure” or “Seal” (see note below).
- The set Pressure Button on Control Panel on “HIGH“. Set desired cooking time by pressing the ‘HIGH’ button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached. Set to 15 minutes.
- Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
- Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to “STEAM” or “VENT” (see note below) in short bursts and allow pressure to release.
- Remove lid and add remaining ingredients (Carrots, Potatoes, Peas or Celery).
- Replace and lock lid onto cooker, set to ‘Pressure’ and cook another 10 minutes on “HIGH“. After cooker beeps indicating cooking time has been reached, turn off, unplug cooker from outlet and follow Step 11.
This Delicious Pressure Cooker Beef Stew serves 5-8 hungry adults, and goes great with Buttered Rolls and/or a tossed salad.
Click here to see the Top Rated Electric Pressure Cookers on Amazon.